Monday, December 1, 2008

Filling in the Gaps with Grace

If you are visiting after reading my article "Filling in the Gaps with Grace" in the December issue of the P31 Woman magazine... welcome! It's great to have you visit. I hope that you will find hope and encouragement, as well as practical ideas.

If you didn't read the article and would like to, just click on the magazine image.


Throughout the month of December I will be sharing how Nick and I got through all of the "firsts" without Ron - the first Christmas, the first birthday, the first year, etc. I will also provide practical tips for creating new traditions, helping others who are grieving, menu and gift ideas, and lots more. I'm looking forward to spending this time with you and hope to hear from you as we get through this together!

Sweet Blessings,
LeAnn

4 comments:

Chef Diane said...

What a great article. Thank you for opening up your lives to help others of us through our firsts. This was our first Thanksgiving apart and I realized what a great job we have done with our boys.
There is something wonderful about the love of teenage sons. :-) since we are having to change traditions this year, I asked the boys to go up in the attic and get what Christmas stuff was important to them. I found myself in laughter and in tears as these big strapping young men came creeping down the steps with the tree, decorations and each of their stockings. It was just the most precious sight. I asked them about the other things that have always been around. The oldest one looked at me and said "mom we don't need that stuff, we just need you". God love them.
Blessings,
Diane

LeAnn said...

Wow, Diane...

I would love to hear those words ("I just need you") out of Nick's mouth. What a blessing your boys are to you and, clearly, what a blessing you are to them.

Love,
LeAnn

Chef Diane said...

LeAnn,
Maybe he doesn't know you need to hear them. Usually my boys know by my tears. It is sad that they have to go through this. I can't imagine Nick not having his dad. Although my guys have their dad, he isn't really present in their life.
It is really cool to watch the different roles each of my boys take in the "care of me". The older one is the protector, the middle one is the silent protector and the younger one is the little task guy.
Love you and lifting you up my fiend,
Diane

Renee Swope said...

LeAnn,

I have read through several of your posts here, and they are ALL so powerful, insightful and well-written. I am so glad you are using your gift to glorify HIM and to give such encouragement and hope to so many!!!

I love you!
Renee