Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Married to Jesus!

Ya'll... I cannot believe the number of people that think it is their responsibility to find me a husband. It's as if I simply can't be happy on my own. For 11 years well-meaning friends have tried to set me up, introduce me to their brother or cousin (or father!), convince me to sign up for eharmony, etc., because they can't imagine that I really am absolutely fine. I had a great marriage. I have a great son. Do I get lonely sometimes... of course I do. But, my life is very full. I have a wonderful job. I get to work with amazing, Christ-filled women every day. I am raising a teenage boy on my own (with a little help from the Big Guy) so that keeps me pretty busy. I am active at my church and in my community. I have wonderful friends. Life is good!

I have come across lots of single women in my adult life. Those that have never been married. Some that are divorced. Some are widowed. Many of these women appear to be "man-hunters!" It's like they just don't believe that they can be happy and fulfilled without a husband. They just have to have a man in their life! Well... that part is true. They are just looking for the wrong man.

I have Jesus! He is everything I need all the time. He never disappoints me. He never lets me down. He never gives up on me. He is always there when I need Him. He loves me without measure. He thinks I am absolutely perfect. He doesn't care about my extra layer. He is perfect in every way!

Please don't misunderstand me... I'm not saying that I don't have days when the loneliness creeps in or I get a bit depressed. It definitely happens. I still cry myself to sleep sometimes. I miss Ron. I miss not having him to share stuff with. But, the reality is that he is not here. I can choose to feel sorry for myself. I can choose to become a "man-hunter" because I'm just not good enough on my own. Or, I can choose joy and relish in what I do have. Today - I'm choosing joy! Today - I'm celebrating all that I have and all that God does in and through my life. No matter what happens... God is always there... all the time... in every way.

Remember... you are NEVER alone. God loves you my friends, and so do I.

Sweet Blessings,
LeAnn

5 comments:

Luanne said...

Such a great post LeAnn. So true too. I wish we could get the message to sink in to the young girls too.

Luanne

Chef Diane said...

LeAnn,

I am so glad to see your post. I missed your writing. Great thoughts! My husband and I seperated in April. Since then I do get loney, depressed, but I go to Jesus and he fills every need. I wish I had felt this while I was married.
As I think about my future, I cannot wrap my mind around being with anyone else on earth. But the comfort of know Jesus is there waiting with open arms, just for me, is all I need.
Thank you for posting.
Hugs,
Diane

Kitty @ Four Toms and a Mom said...

I had to laugh at the gyn today. The doctor actually had the nerve to suggest that it's been a year, so I shouldn't feel like I have to wait any longer to have sex. Is that a pathetic indictment on our culture or what?

The doctor actually seemed shocked when I told her that it makes no sence, not only from a spiritual or moral sense, but from a practical and health sense, to have sex before marriage.

Next she was trying to push me to date. Busy-body doctor, I'm thinking, stick to the physical, because you don't have a clue about what's really good for people. But I kept the obvious thoughts to myself, and simply told her that the Lord will let me know when I'm ready to date. Who knows, could be 11 years like Leanne.

I never thought I would feel this way, I've always enjoyed romance and loved being married. But somehow, when you've had a fabulous marriage that ended with him in Heaven, you feel so loved, and when there is closure with your earthly marriage and you feel so connected to the Lord, you no longer have a "hole" to fill.

Thanks for sharing about being married to Jesus!

Retta said...

I'm a divorcée, and wasn't blessed with a God fearing husband (yes, my fault all the way), but I too can relate to the since of being married to Jesus...He is enough! If God wills for me to have a God fearing husband in the future, I don't see me resisting...but at the present I am fulfilled in His love alone. I too find myself depressed and alone, but I have had the alternative to God's will and it doesn't compare...further it's not worth it in the end.

So lonely at times I will happily be
to stay within the will of the One, Who truly loves me.

Anonymous said...

This is very true. My ex-husband left me and our three children six years ago. It is sad when people think you are desperate to be in a relationship with anyone.

I am single and full-time mom/student. It can be very lonely at times, but it is worst to become desperate to have a man in your life, because of neediness.

God closed the door in my heart, but He opens the window for a possibility of learning to trust someone again. God willing--He may allow a godly man to look into my heart through an open window.