Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happily Never After

OK... I survived Christmas.

New Year's Eve is another story. It's my least favorite day of the year.

I know that it should be a time for counting my blessings and praising God for all the good things that have happened over the last year. And, of course, looking forward in anticipation to what He has in store for the year ahead. But, each year I somehow manage to find myself stuck in the pit. You know... focusing on what I don't have instead of what I do.

With each new year I lose hope in ever getting my "happily ever after." Yes, I know that I am blessed to have an amazing son, a great mom, wonderful friends, an awesome job, and Jesus who loves me without measure. But... at the end of the day... I still go to bed alone. I am still looking at a future with no kiss at midnight year after year after year after year...

I know that many of you feel the same way. Today is just plain hard. But tomorrow will be better and I'll try to stay busy and I'll try to refocus my thoughts on what I do have in my life. But for today, I'm just going to have a good cry and try to get through it.

I'm praying for all of you my sweet friends. Praying that God will be your portion today.

"Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
(Isaiah 41:10)
In His Love,
LeAnn

4 comments:

Retta said...

{Through tears} I'll second that...

I HATE GOING TO BED AND WAKING UP TO EACH DAY ALL ALONE!!!

I know God is with me but His hands and arms aren't always felt...i miss him so much.

Deb said...

I'll third that, will the tears ever stop, I know that God is always with me but I miss Ter touch his smile and his I love you's i wish I could be with God and Ter.

Anonymous said...

I can relate also. I pray that God's love is sufficient for me and satisfies me in a way that I never received from my husband

Diana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.