Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year - New Hope

Each year I choose and claim a new verse for the year. I print out the verse (with my name inserted) and put it over my desk, in my bathroom, tuck it in my Bible, etc. I immerse myself in this verse.

I trust God to give me a verse each year so on New Year's Eve I open my Bible and ask God to direct me. Here is the promise He has for me this year:

"I am with you always, LeAnn, even to the end of the age."
(Matthew 28:20)

El Roi, the God who sees me, knows that I struggle with loneliness. He knows that I struggle with self-worth. He knows that I struggle with feeling overlooked and insignificant.

He knows.

When I opened by Bible on the loneliest night of the year (for me), God reminded me that I am never alone. He is with me ALWAYS. And, because He equips me to do His work, I have self-worth through Him. If those He places within my sphere of influence see Him through my words and my actions, then I certainly am significant.

He is with me ALWAYS.

Before my feet hit the ground each morning I will remind myself that God's Word is alive and personal. I will repeat His promise to me that He is with me always. I will go through each new day knowing that I do not walk alone and I do nothing without His help and His guidance.

He is my hope for each new day and this new year. And, my sweet friends... He is yours!

Blessings,
LeAnn

1 comment:

donna said...

We have passed through a difficult time of year...key word - passed. It's over and I'm thinking of new beginnings with the start of a new decade. I'm hanging onto the scripture: "to the God who can do immeasurably more than all we could hope or imagine"
Our loss can never be explained...our pain can never be described... but our hope needs to rise above.
Look up - think vertical - and start getting excited for what is to come.
Signed - a woman who lost her man three years ago.