Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Little Things

How many of us spend so much time waiting for the big things that we don't even notice the little blessings that occur each day? I know I've been guilty of this!

During the first months after Ron died it was all I could do to get through each day. I was on auto-pilot most of the time. I did just what needed to get done and spent the rest of my time pretending that everything was OK. That, in itself, was exhausting!

Here's what I learned... and continue to learn...

God is there all the time.

No matter what.

In all things.

In good times and in bad.

We just have to look for Him.

We have to notice and be grateful for the little blessings.

The ones that take place in extraordinary ways in the midst of our ordinary days.

If we are too distracted by what's going wrong in our lives, we may miss the extraordinary! If we are too busy pretending that life is OK when deep down we are not OK, we may miss His presence in our lives.

I NEVER want to miss His presence in my life.

I NEVER want to be so busy that I miss the extraordinary.

I NEVER want to be so consumed with waiting for the big miracle, that I miss the little miracles... the little miracles that He spoon feeds to us to keep us going and to keep us mindful of His presence.

I was mindful of His presence last week when I went to get my hair colored (not in my budget) without knowing the cost and the gal looked at me and said, "I read your article in the P31 Woman magazine. I didn't know you were a single-mom. Why don't you tell me what you can afford and that's what my services will cost from now on."

I was mindful of His presence when this same gal told me she needed 20 Bibles for the inner-city youth she and her husband work with and, on that same day, we received a donation that would cover the cost of the Bibles.

I was mindful of His presence when He told me to take off my favorite necklace and give it to a woman in my Sunday School class. I found out the next day that she had been dealing with issues of unworthiness. God showed her that she was worthy by giving her something beautiful.

My friends, don't miss an opportunity to feel His presence in your day-to-day lives. He is there in the midst of our ordinary days... He carries us on our not-so-good days and knocks our socks off when we open our hearts to His goodness and mercy.

How has God revealed Himself to you lately?

Sweet Blessings,
LeAnn

2 comments:

Chef Diane said...

LeAnn,

I am so honored to serve a God who is detailed. In the darkest of days He knows just how to make the sun shine in just the right way to warm my heart. It tells me He loves me and that He knows. I am grateful that I am at a place today where I can see and feel it. I don't want to miss a single blessing that my Father wants to send my way.
What a wonderful blessing your hairdresser gave you!
Hugs,
Diane

Jodie Wolfe said...

Hi LeAnn,

Just stopped by to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings,
Pearls