Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day?!

My sweet, patient friends. It has been a whole month since I posted on this blog! I don't know where the time goes. My schedule has just been too full. In fact... I haven't even had time to take down my Christmas decorations! That is my priority for this weekend. I did manage to get the tree out of the house around the first of the year. It was a live tree so I figured it would become a fire hazard if it sat around inside!

Valentine's day is this weekend. What an awful holiday for us! Instead of dwelling on the fact that our loves currently have a different address (smile), let's focus on our Greatest Love - the Passionate Pursuer of our hearts...

I know everything about you.
(Psalm 139:1)

In Me you live and move and have your being.
(Acts 17:28)

I CHOSE you when I planned creation.
(Ephesians 1:11-12)

You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
(Psalm 139:14)

I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love.
(1 John 4:16)

It is My desire to lavish My love on you.
(1 John 3:1)

My plan for your future has always been filled with hope.
(Jeremiah 29:11)

Because I love you with an everlasting love.
(Jeremiah 31:3)

I rejoice over you with singing.
(Zephaniah 3:17)

For you are My treasured possession.
(Exodus 19:5)

I desire to establish you with all My heart and all My soul.
(Jeremiah 32:41)

If you seek Me with all your heart, you will find Me.
(Deuteronomy 4:29)

Delight in Me and I will give you the desires of your heart.
(Psalm 37:4)

When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you.
(Psalm 34:18)

Nothing will ever separate you from My love!
(Romans 8:38-39)

My sweet friends, Valentine's Day is definitely NOT my favorite holiday but... I rejoice in God's amazing and overwhelming love for each of us and I pray that He will fill you with more love than your hearts can contain.

Sweet Blessings,
LeAnn

4 comments:

Wendy Pope said...

God is not the only one who loves you sweet friend. Thank you listening to Jesus today. I loved my treat!
You're the greatest!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this message. My Father went home to be with the Lord on Jan. 21, 2009. This has been very hard on Mom. They were married 56 years. I want to be a source of encourgement to her. I printed out your message with hope that it will help Mom some what. I feel at times I'm not the encourgement she needs. I still cry alot about my precious Dad. He was a good Godly man. I helped my Mom take care of him while he was sick. For years that is all he ever talked about going home with the Lord and having his new body. Today is a bad day. Thank God my daughter is not working so she goes over with her alot. Maybe this is why she hasn't found a job so she can help my Mom out. I still have to work but I call her every day. At least Mom and I can laugh every day because My precious Dad would call me every day at work ask how I was feeling when he was the one that wasn't felling well and then he would give me a weather report. MOM tries to give me the report and then we laugh.

Retta said...

I'm right there with you, dear one, not my favorite holiday either, but for the sake of my kids and I mean all of them (even the ones I didn't personally birth) I celebrated on Sunday for my 3 blessings (I did birth), and those in our lives at chruch that had been put on this earth and in our lives as blessings to us, and also for my teen class(those I didn't birth), who need to know God's Love- the ultimate...agrape...Love ...That never fails, never is lacking, and most importantly NEVER ceases-Amen

Again, thank you for your encouraging out look through a painful time. You, too, are a blessing to me personally.

Gloria said...

My husband Daniel passed away on Feb. 14th, 2009.. he is with the Lord now. I am so grateful that I had the honor of sharing the Lord with him before he passed. Danny was compassionate man. He will truly be missed. But will remember the wonderful memories he has left us.