Friday, August 1, 2008

YIPES - I've been "tagged"

Oh my! I just noticed that Luanne at www.lpgodspots.blogspot.com "tagged" me. I had no idea what that meant so I had to check it out. I guess I'm old 'cause I thought getting "tagged" was what happened when you were the slow runner! I hope I'm doing this right...

The Rules:

  1. Link to the person who tagged you (check)
  2. Post the rules on your blog (check - you're looking at them)
  3. Write 6 random things about yourself (see below)
  4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them (see below)
  5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog (more work)
  6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up (oh... I'll definitely let her know!)


OK - Here are the six random things about me (rule number 3):


1. I am so very grateful for Jesus! I cannot imagine a life without Him and it makes me very sad for all the people in the world who do not have Him in their lives. What is the point of a life without Him? How could you live without hope?

2. This is sad... I'm only on number 2 and I'm having trouble thinking of something to say. Ummmm... let's see... Oh, I know... I don't have any wisdom teeth. (I guess that explains a lot, doesn't it?)

3. I love "kid" movies like "Matilda," "The Secret Garden," "Nancy Drew," and "Willy Wonka." I could watch this kind of movie all day... and I have. I love a good rainy day movie marathon! (Especially with a mug of International Coffee's Chocolate Orange flavored drink.)

4. My 14-year-old son, Nick, passed me in height about three years ago! He loves getting the measuring tape out and checking our heights. Mine doesn't change but he says old people shrink so he's waiting. I'm 5'1 1/2" (at this height - you mention the half). Nick thinks its very funny to walk behind me in the grocery store and ask if I need help reaching something on the middle shelf!

5. When I was a kid, I wanted to be an archaeologist, a veterinarian, or a nun when I grew up. Then I discovered that archaeologists spend all their time digging in the hot desert; veterinarians did more than just pet the puppies and kitties (there are needles involved), and nuns don't have children. I quickly ruled out all three occupations. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. (I may re-visit the nun thing after Nick grows up and leaves me!)

6. My favorite thing to do is to host small dinner parties. I'm not comfortable in large groups of people but I love having small, intimate groups of close friends come over so I can spoil them. I love to cook fancy meals with all the extra fluff and decorations. I like to wait on them. Honestly, I would feed them if they let me! (No lie - I honestly peeled grapes for my husband.) I have always loved taking care of people (especially cooking for them) and making them feel special. Sadly, Nick would be happy with frozen pizza every night. He is not too interested in any of my culinary experiments so I have to invite guinea pigs over every now and then! You should have seen the look on his face when I made duck! Priceless!

Whoooo Hooooo! I did it. I came up with six random things about myself. Now let's see if I can come up with six friends to tag!

The first four on my list, I'm listing simply because they are among the kindest, most encouraging women I "know." Their sites are amazing. What they share is amazing. Each has such a heart for Jesus and it shines through in everything they do. I think you will enjoy getting to know them too!

1. Amylbrooke.blogspot.com (God's Work in Progress)

2. DianeApplewhite.blogspot.com (Stand Still, let God Move You)

3. Joyinthetruth.blogspot.com (Sharon Sloan)

4. Diggingforpearls.blogspot.com (She recently posted the A-Z list of things about herself so having to come up with only six should be easy for her!)

These next two are widows like me. I think Kitty and I have similar hearts when it comes to this thing called "widowhood." The word "widow" just doesn't express what is truly in our hearts. We have joy in Jesus and that makes such a difference. It is this joy, and our children, that makes life worth living. Our husbands didn't leave us. They aren't lost. We know exactly where they are and, while we are sad not to have them in our lives at this time, we know that we will see them again.

Southeastcountrywife just touches my heart. Her husband died such a short time ago. Her blog entries journal her wedding, honeymoon, and her husband's death. It is a startling reminder that we should never waste a single moment. She is going through a lot of issues related to his death right now so please keep my new friend in your prayers.

5. kittyhinkle.blogspot.com

6. southeastcountrywife.blogspot.com


OK - job complete. I just have to go and let these ladies know that they have been tagged! Thanks, Luanne for forcing me to think this late on a Friday afternoon!

6 comments:

Luanne said...

Thanks LeAnn
Yes you made me really nervous. I was thinking Oh No what did I do. Your first six were my thoughts at first too since I don't have that many people who I know read my blog. But it was more fun then I thought.
Enjoy your weekend.

Luanne

Amy L Brooke said...

Interesting that you are not comfortable in large groups but manage to pull of She Speaks like an accomplished hostess.

My responses are up!

MelissaTaylor.org said...

Thank you LeAnn. For 2 things. 1st for the sweet message you sent to Hayley Grace. It made her feel so special. And 2nd, for tagging Amy Brooke, who tagged me!!!! Now I have to do the 6 random things and pass it on! Yikes! Help me!

LYL! (love you LeAnn)
Melissa

Vern ~ Inspired said...

Great job LeAnn!
I miss you and hope we can talk soon!

Summer has been a blast but it has been flying by way too fast!

Hugs to you and Nick!

Love,
Vern

Jodie Wolfe said...

Hi LeAnn,
I finally got a chance to work on this. My 'tag' should be up and running. Thanks for your sweet words. Just wanted you to know that I was sorry to hear about your friend and wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Blessings,
Pearld

Anonymous said...

i'm finally up today...
http://southeastcountrywife.blogspot.
com/2008/09/tagged.html