Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Celebration of Life

Today I cry tears of sadness and tears of joy. My sweet friend, Anne, went to live with Jesus. I cry tears of sadness because I won't see her radiant smile and twinkling eyes... at least for a while. And I cry tears of sadness for her family and friends who have to go through the days, months and years ahead without her beside them. But I also cry tears of joy as I know exactly where she is and that she couldn't be happier.

Anne "is" one of the most amazing women I have ever known. No matter what her circumstances, she remained a true reflection of Christ. Through her cancer treatment successes and failures, she praised God. Anne never wasted a moment and her life is truly a testimony. Even in death, she is making a difference. I can only imagine how much the Kingdom has grown because of how she lived her life on earth.

Anne's husband, Carl, wrote this late last night and I wanted to share it with you. What a beautiful reflection of a life well lived:

Anne chose joy! 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances." She is now pain free and in the loving hands of her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. 2 Timothy 4:6-8, "For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith. Now these is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day- and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for him appearing."

John 11:35 "Jesus wept." If God can cry then so can we. I do not know how long David, Patricia, and I will grieve, but I am sure it will be a long time. I remember that when Anne and I first met, she drove a Saab with a license plate that read "SOBSTRY". Anne always loved sentimental movies. She lived one at the end of her earthly life. Anne is our love story. Sometimes the deepest love is the most painful. The foot of her bed was surrounded by flowers that were brought by her family.

We will always have Anne in our hearts and in our minds until we are reunited. But even in these difficult times, we must always remember that Anne is not "was", but "is". As John 11:25 teaches, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. So you believe this?" Anne and I hope that you -- our family and friends -- will embrace the words of John 11:25, and that they may provide you with peace and comfort as they do us.

My sweet friends, please keep Anne's family in your prayers. And, as a tribute to Anne, please share Jesus with someone today.

Blessings,
LeAnn


7 comments:

Luanne said...

Oh LeAnn
I will keep your dear friends in my prayers.

I loved how he said she is not was but is because of Christs ressurection.

Thanks for sharing your sweet friend with us.

Luanne

Charlene Kidd said...

Thank you for posting this. I was so heartbroken when I saw the Observer home page tonight. I have been burdened to pray for her over the last few days, now I know why.
I will continue to pray for her family. I will most definitely miss her precious and radiant smile. Anne is a righteous example to us all.
Blessings,
Charlene

Rachel Olsen said...

I am praying to the God of all Comfort for Carl, Patricia and David and the rest of the family.

~ Rachel

Shari Braendel said...

Praying as tears stream down my face. Thank you for sharing her husband's letter...what a Godly man he is...what a legacy she left and lived. love you.

MelissaTaylor.org said...

Glory be to God and it is through the life of this dear lady.

LeAnn, thank you so much for sharing the letter from her husband. My deepest prayers are going out to him and their dear sweet children.

Love,
Melissa

Micca said...

Anne was a remarkable Christian lady. By her faith, she taught us how to live and how to die.

Celebrating her homecoming!
Praying for all who will miss her.

Amy L Brooke said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss. I will be praying for you.