Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Friend Robin!

From the moment God nudged me to launch this site, I saw it as a team effort. We all process grief differently and there is no right way or wrong way to grieve. There is no absolute time-frame. No one can tell you when to stop crying yourself to sleep. Things that I might find upsetting may not upset you at all. Because we are all different, I have invited several of my friends to contribute to this blog. I will be introducing them to you over the next several weeks. I pray that you will recognize yourself in some of our situations and realize that you are not alone.

Because I can't tell their stories better than they can, I have asked each of my friends to introduce themselves to you in their own words. Today, I want you to meet my friend Robin...

Hello precious Ladies, my name is Robin. LeAnn wanted me to tell you a little about myself in preparation for sharing on A Widow's Might. I am a homeschool mother of 4 young men, ages 20, 16, 13, and 12. I have been widowed twice; first my husband Peter died in a taxi robbery, and then my second husband Earl died during a boating trip. One of my favorite hymns is by William Cowper "God moves in a mysterious way, His wonders to perform, He plants His footsteps in the sea and rides upon the storm." Since most of my sharing with women for the past ten years has been sitting at a kitchen table with a cup of coffee or in a small group setting, I prefer to think of my blog entries as an extension of that. It is my hope that as you read my blog posts, you would think of me sitting across the kitchen table from you, sharing how I have walked with God through a few storms and found Him faithful. I pray He will encourage you through my story. I am looking forward to our times together, sharing how The Lord has been an intimate, loving and all wise comforter as I choose to trust Him.

No comments: