Monday, April 19, 2010

Counting My Blessings

Today marks 13 years since Ron "changed his address" and went to be with Jesus. This is typically a rough day for me - but not today. I woke up this morning and decided that I had a choice. I could face my day with a joyful heart or a heart of sadness. I chose joy in honor of Ron and my dear friend Anne. God freed Anne from Cancer and took her home to live with Him almost two years ago now. Even in the midst of her most painful days, Anne chose Joy. Her life continues to inspire me.

So, with a joyful heart, today I am counting my blessings...

  • I have an amazing 16-year-old son who is becoming an intelligent, funny, interesting, talented, Godly young man
  • I have a very supportive and loving mommy
  • I have an extended family of friends who love me unconditionally
  • I have wonderful in-laws who decided to keep us :)
  • I have a calling... not a job!
  • I have a roof over my head (thanks, Mom), a car that runs, food on our table, good health, and Nick is getting an exceptional education
  • I have YOU!
  • I have purpose. God has not wasted my pain. And, as He uses me to minister to those who are now walking the path that I am on, He is healing my heart as well.
  • I have memories to hold onto that will never go away
  • Most importantly, I have hope in Jesus. Because of Him, we will be with those we love for all eternity
Sweet friends, I pray that you can find something to be thankful for today.

Joyfully, Hopefully,
LeAnn

3 comments:

Kitty @ Four Toms and a Mom said...

LeAnn, you have so much to be joyful for. We all do. We're not guaranteed lives without loss, but we are guaranteed a joy that comes from knowing Christ thoroughly, and sometimes our struggles brings us closer to understanding what His grace means. That's what James means when he says consider all of our struggles joys.

I hope your day continues joyfully.

Unknown said...

That is a great post. I am beyond proud of you. Hugs from your mommy.

Unknown said...

That is a great post. I am beyond proud of you. Hugs from your mommy.