Monday, April 13, 2009

New Life!

We've gotten through another holiday, my friends. As soon as my feet touched the floor yesterday morning, I began praying for you. The holidays are just plain rough! However... Easter carries with it the promise of New Life and that is something to celebrate! As believers, we know that we will rise again. This life on earth is only temporary. What awaits us is more than we can ever imagine.

During our Easter service yesterday, our pastor offered a "Resurrection Prayer" at the end of his sermon and I wanted to share it with you today:

Almighty God, I want more power in my life and I'm coming to realize that this power... and hope... and promise begins with confessions - confession that MY sins are what has carved a separation between me and you. Gracious Lord, on this resurrection day, I commit to turn from my sins and turn to You. Gentle Jesus, on this resurrection day, I invite you to come into my heart

(choose one)
for the first time
more fully
more powerfully
more abundantly

Through the Holy Spirit, I invite you to take greater control of my life and give me the promised power, peace, hope, and joy. Amen

I was so overwhelmed by this invitation that I wept from the moment I prayed the prayer through the end of the service. As I walked up to receive Communion, I prayed through tears for those who invited Jesus into their heart for the very first time.

If you do not know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, please visit this page:


My sweet friends, there is hope in Jesus. He is what gets us through each day. He gives us a reason to smile. He gives us joy and peace and power. He is The Way, The Truth, and The Life... forever and ever!

Sweet Blessings,
LeAnn

1 comment:

Chef Diane said...

Thank you for sharing this, I had such a difficult weekend. This has always been a weekend focused on his side of the family. I kept telling myself that the day was not about me, my feelings or my family for that matter. The day was about my Savior and the price he paid for my salvation. Instead of going into the service I helped fill a need in the infant nursery. It allowed mothers of small ones to see the program and I felt it was where I needed to be.
This prayer is like a breath of renewed wind under my wings tonight.
Thank you for sharing,
Love ya,
Diane