Monday, November 24, 2008

Giving Thanks!

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his steadfast love endures forever!"

This week is a great time to focus on the things we are thankful for and to get into the habit of thankfulness! Life is filled with good days and bad days but, no matter how challenging our circumstances may be or how much our heart may be hurting, we can be grateful that the sun still rises each morning and the sky is filled with the most amazing constellation and that we have air to breath. I recently stumbled across this quote:
"Ralph Waldo Emerson observed that if the constellations appeared only once in a thousand years, what an exciting event it would be. Because they're there every night, we barely look." (On This Day, Robert J. Morgan)
Isn't that so true! We take the everyday miracles for granted because they are there every day. I'm going to make a point of looking at the stars tonight and thanking God for the miracle of the extraordinary constellations.

I was watching Fox News and Friends this morning and Glen Beck was a guest. They were discussing the economy (hmmmm... isn't that at uplifting conversation first thing in the morning?). Mr. Beck has been on a book tour for his new book and he shared an observation has has made during his travels. In the northern part of the country there is fear when discussing the economy. However, in the southeastern part of the country that he referred to as the Bible belt, there is concern but no fear. Before an audience of millions, Mr. Beck said that this is because we have hope in something so much greater. While we may be concerned, we are not fearful.

Hope is what gets me through every hurtful circumstance. No matter what... the King is still on the throne, He is with me in all circumstances and I have Jesus in my heart and a hope in life everlasting. Amen!

May you be filled with hope today my friends.

Sweet Blessings,
LeAnn

1 comment:

Luanne said...

My friends and I that live in Michigan have observed how much different the attitudes of people are when we visit the south during the winter. One day my friend said she thought it was lack of sun that made people in the north more depressed in the winter.
While I think there is something to that because I can feel myself take a nose dive when the cold weather sets in and the days grow shorter, what I also know is that it is lack of s.o.n. not s.u.n. that makes the real difference.

You are so right- the king is still on the throne and Christ has a way of helping us to see the positives in the negatives. Trust is believing that God will always send the spring after the winter. If we hold on to that we can begin to eliminate the fear.

Thanks for this post. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.